COVID Protection: Level 2
- Worship (in places of worship including grounds under jurisdiction of Kirk Session)
- Worship allowed with a maximum number determined by safe building capacity as physical distancing in building dictates, including use of balconies/ galleries. Baptisms are permitted as part of worship.
- Funerals & Weddings
- 50 person limit for both funerals and weddings subject to physical distancing and building safe capacity limits
- Post-funeral gatherings and wedding receptions for up to 50 permitted
- Outdoor live events (including outdoor worship)
- Outdoor events permitted with maximum number of 500 outdoors seated or 250 outdoors free standing, subject to physical distancing.
- Indoor live events permitted with max of 100 people (physically distanced)
- Congregational singing should not be a part of a worship service (indoors or outdoors). A small group (choir or band) may sing as part of an act of worship as per worship section of 'Reshaping Church Life' Guidance.
- Pastoral Care
- Pastoral Care Visits may take place in people's homes, churches or manses in line with 'Reshaping Church Life' Guidance. If visiting in a person's home no other household should be present.
- Support Services
- Counselling, mutual aid groups, support groups, weight loss groups which are peer or professionally led can take place.
- Meetings & Groups
- Church Meetings (Kirk Session, Presbytery etc) may resume with suitable mitigation
- Regular and Organised Indoor Activities and Groups for adults, such as the Guild can resume meeting
- Church Offices & Workplaces
- Church Offices are NOT permitted to open and working from home should be the default position.
- Church Cafés (Regulated) – On premises consumption and takeaway permitted but time restrictions may apply
- Informal Hospitality (Teas and coffees after services or during groups) & Coffee Mornings permitted following indoor socialising rules, currently 6/3
- 6 people from up to 3 households can socialise in a private dwelling and 6 people from 3 households in a public place e.g hospitality.
- 8 people from up to 8 households can socialise outdoors.
- Face Coverings
- Face coverings must be worn by all within a place of worship with relevant exemptions in place. For current exemptions visit the Scottish Government website.
- Travel & Transport
- No travel to or from level 3 or 4 areas in Scotland unless for a permitted reason, such as leading an act of worship or attending your usual place of worship, work, education, shopping, health etc; outdoor exercise; weddings and funerals; and transit through restricted areas.
- Avoid car sharing with people outside extended household wherever possible.
- No 'lifts to church' or transport to appointment schemes should be in operation
- Schools (and school chaplaincy)
- Schools open with enhanced protective measures, but school chaplains must follow Local Authority guidance on place of visitors and school chaplaincy.
- Youth work
- Sunday Schools and Bible Classes are permitted to run under youthwork guidance with limits on numbers.
- Formal youth work as defined in the 'Reshaping Church Life' Guidance (including Uniformed Organisations) can take place with limits on numbers.
- Early learning and childcare (ELC) (formal childcare)
- Church nurseries, after school clubs, breakfast clubs (if regulated by Care Commission) can open with enhanced protective measures in place.
- Unregulated Children's Activities
- Youth clubs, carer and toddler groups and similar can take place however differentiated restrictions are in place should be checked before activity next meets
- Sport and Exercise Classes Container 71379
- Indoor and Outdoor classes for all ages, except indoor contact sports for over 18's are permitted to take place (with exception of professional sports)
- Church run entertainment (cinema etc) can take place up to physically distanced safe numbers.
- Visitor Attractions
- Churches which have, or are, visitor attractions can open
Rev Paul G Grant can be contacted by phone on 01698 373180.
ContactAlternatively, if you would like to contact Rev Paul G Grant by e-mail, please use the form below.
(* denotes required field)